Rad Reading – February

This month I read a book called Dear Friends by Lisa Greenwald. This book is about a girl named Eleni and she is the kind of person to always have a BFF. When she was younger she had a best friend named Sylvie Bank. Sylvie had an end-of-summer party and Eleni couldn’t picture starting middle school without her BFF. Eleni’s main goal is to win back Sylvie Banks and make her come back to be being BFF’s with Eleni.

Dear Friends is an amazing book you should get. Here are some reasons why I loved the book. The first reason why I loved this book is because I like how she always wants to have a best friend. She always knows who she is closest too at the moment and I think that everyone in life should always know who their closest friends are. In my opinion I think that someone should always have a best friend. Another reason why I liked this book is because all she talks about in this book is about different kinds of friends she has and who she thinks other people’s closest friends are.

My favorite character is Eleni because she has a lot of feelings that relate to me.The character trait I chose for her is Insecure. I feel like she thinks a lot of people are always staring at her and think she has no friends. She always thinks she has to have a BFF and always needs to have someone by her side. In my opinion I think that is true because I feel like I would need to have someone always by my side and not just a million friends. “Yeah, she thinks she’s sooooo cool but anyways”, this is the quote I chose as my evidence. I chose this quote because I feel like it shows that Eleni talks bad about people and on the inside she is just jealous of everybody and feel like she doesnt have enough friends. So that made me think that people at school who are bullies might have a bad life at home and might just let out their anger at everybody at their school.

My favorite quote from this book is, “So far it seems that William A. Spinick has no recollection of our friendship or even me as a living human person”. This quote if meaningful to me because it shows me that she is always thinking that nobody likes her even when maybe they are just busy or doing something. For example there was one point in the book where she said that she thought somebody didn’t like her because they responded to the text too late. The thing Eleni needs to learn thought is that your not always going to have freinds forever, and that is the thing she doesnt get. She needs to know that if you have a BFF your not going to be in their life forever and their not going to be in your life forever.

1 thought on “Rad Reading – February